Tuesday, January 6, 2009

23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning ...

I have finally reached the end of the learning 2.0 program.
It was a magnificent effort by the organisers to provide a practical way for staff to participate and create in the web 2.0 world. At times it seems that the online experience is taking over the world but, it cannot be ignored and a wide base knowledge of what the internet has to offer is essential.
My criticisms of the program are a reflection of how the program impacted on my time. As much of the program was new to me I found it at times to be a lot of reading, going between numerous links and following with exercises that may lead you to go back and forth over the material looking for the next step you had to take. It was not possible for me to work some sections of the program out in 10 or 15 minute bursts and required a block of quiet time. I did the majority of the program at home and was therefore able to study the information in a way that I felt I was learning and gathering an understanding of the tasks I was performing.
The program could have been more time effective if it had been conducted in smalll groups under the guidence of a knowledgable leader.
However, there was much gained by giving it a go and exposing so many of the library world at the one time. I have gained enormously from the experience and it has provided a step forward for us all and it is now up to us to expand on the good work that has been put in place.

No comments: